carpet tips and trickslearn some of our carpet cleaning tips
carpet tips and tricks
Many of our clients ask how they can keep their carpets clean for a longer period of time. Here are a few tips and tricks that you can easily do at home which will help extend the life of your carpet:
- Take your shoes off when indoors. Your shoes track in more dirt and oil than you think.
- Vacuum regularly. This is a quick and easy way to remove the dust and soil that settle on the fibers of your carpet.
- Keep your porches clean. Sweep your porch and entrance from the garage regularly.
- Keep rugs by outside doors, in and out. Clean them regularly to remove loose dirt and avoid bringing it indoors.
- Protect your carpet with a carpet protector. The best time to do this is right after it has been professionally cleaned. As dirt and soil is removed from the fibers of the carpet it leaves your carpet open and naked, ready to soak up anything that lands on it. Pace Cleaning offers a maximum advanced carpet protector that protects the fiber completely, saturating all the way to the base of the fibers, not just at the top. This will prolong the life of your carpet and help in keeping it clean longer.
How to avoid water damage:
- When leaving on vacation, make sure you shut off your supply lines to toilets, refrigerators, and hose bibs to prevent water damage.
- Regularly replace hose fittings and worn out supply lines with new and improved hardware.
- Make sure sump pumps are properly installed and working. If possible, have a back-up sump pump.
- Keep hoses and downspouts directed away from your house and out of window wells.
- Make sure sprinklers are not directly hitting the house.